Commissioners For Oaths

Commissioners For Oaths

Malcolm & Co in East London can take care of your legal matters. We have a trusted team that are experienced in many legal services.
Commissioner for Oaths logo
Power of Attorney form
Official letter stamp
Statutory Declaration
In UK law, a Commissioner for Oaths is a person appointed by the Lord Chancellor with power to administer oaths or take affidavits. All practising solicitors have these powers but must not use them in proceedings in which they are acting for any parties or in which they have an interest. These powers granted are to administer oaths, take affidavits and statuary declarations.

This is an appointment automatically granted to certain legal professionals who are in practice om their respective profession or to some others because their position or role in the legal system.

The exact description of commissioner for Oaths in Oxford English is:
“A solicitor authorised to administer an oath to a person making affidavit.”


A lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal document that lets you (the ‘donor’) appoint one or more people (known as ‘attorneys’) to help you make decisions or make decisions on your behalf. This gives you more control over what happens to you if, for example, you have an accident or an illness and can’t make decisions at the time they need to be made (you ‘lack mental capacity’.) You must be 18 or over and have mental capacity – the ability to make your own decisions – when you make you LPA.

There are 2 types of LPA.
•    Health and welfare
•    Property and financial affairs

Phone Malcom & Co Solicitors for the best price - 020 7613 4300


While changing your name you need a Deed Poll. A deed poll is a legal document that proves a change of name. You can change any part, add or remove names and hyphens, or change spelling. We can draft a change of name deed; and/or witness signatures of the person making a change of name deed.

Phone Malcom & Co Solicitors for the best price - 020 7613 4300


Certification of a document as a true copy of the original by getting it signed and dated by a professional person, like a solicitor. When you are applying for something like a bank account or mortgage, you may be asked to provide documents that are certified as true copies of the original.

Copies of documents we can certify for you are:
•    Passports
•    Photocard driving licences
•    Letters from a government department
•    Bank/building society card statements
•    Gas, electricity or council tax bills
•    Letters from a hospital/doctor

A statutory declaration is a legal document defined under the law of certain Commonwealth nations. It is like a statement made under oath, however, it is not sworn. Statutory declarations are commonly used to allow a person to affirm something to be true for the purposes of satisfying some legal requirement or regulation when no other evidence is available. They are thus like affidavits (which are made on oath).

Depending on jurisdiction, statutory declarations can be used for:
•    Declarations of identity, nationality, marital status, etc. when documentary evidence is unavailable.
•    Declaring the intention to change one’s name.
•    Affirming the provenance and nature of good for export or import.
•    Bank/building society or credit card statements.
legal icon
Looking for a Commissioner for Oaths in East London? Contact Malcolm & Co today.
Solicitors: 020 7613 4300
Sales & Lettings: 020 7739 3700
Share by: